A water well, completely dry since a several years, will be rehabilitated at the village of MAYGUHALIT, Gulomekada district, Tigray region, Ethiopia. The project, funded by long dated friends, will be hopefully opened on May 2020.
- Livello di Realizzazione: Under Progress
- Financing Rate:90%
- Number of beneficiaries: 300 people approx.
- Project funding: Financing under progress
- Well Depth: 50-70 metres
- Donor: Annalisa Giannella - Claudio Maneri - Ninni Rossi - Gino Paradiso - Gaetano Dammacco - Amedeo Russo- Maria Guazzoni - Edoardo Guazzoni - Ornella Rubiolo - Franca Bruno-
- Project Deadline: October 2020
As part of the “Donate Water” scheme, which has been made possible through the partnership established between Butterfly Charity Foundation and ECC-SDOAd-B, (Catholic Association of Adigrat), several projects water related, are presently under progress in Tigray region, North of the Country at the border with Eritrea. The above, following to the recent severe drought, the worst since over the last years.
A water well, completely dry since several years, will be rehabilitated at the village of MAYGUHALIT, Gulomekada district, Tigray region, Ethiopia.
This project will provide the rehabilitation of a well, through the installation of new extended pipes to reach an adequate depth, a brand new, hand-operated pump, fencing, and training of the Water and Sanitation Committee, following a running practice. Beneficiaries will be in the range of 300 people.
The required funding of the project has been secured by extraordinary friends together with some high school fellows who attended the scientific high school in Bari in the 1960s.